OK…at last! Willamette STAGE Company is coming back, and you’re not gonna want to miss this.
It’s time to polish your boots (or Birks), cinch up your belts (or braces), and get onboard the STAGE, ready to put your hands together and your feet in motion! As you know, I’m not much of a gusher, but this show has me gushing every night.
Join the fun as Willamette STAGE Company and Corvallis School District Theaters present Country Girls and Bluegrass Beaus, an electric and acoustic journey through the heart of country music with the mid-Willamette Valley’s best singers and musicians.
Performances are Saturday August 16, Friday August 22, and Saturday August 23 at 7:30 PM on the Mainstage at Corvallis High School, 1400 NW Buchanan Ave.
- Kelley Marchbanks, most recently seen as Maria in the Majestic Theatre’s The Sound of Music.
- Harriett Owen Nixon, for STAGE, I Love You, You’re Perfect, Now Change for STAGE, and many more.
- Katie Worley Beck, for STAGE, It’s a Wonderful Life and boom!, and fresh from critically acclaimed performances in Oregon Contemporary Theatre’s Gatsby and Ordinary Days.
But wait…there’s more. These dazzling vocalists are backed by a marvelous band, the…
- Jeff Hino, of Plaehn-Hino Blues Band fame, on acoustic guitar, dobro, mandolin, banjo, and National steel, lap steel, and pedal steel guitars.
- Pete Kozak, of the Bush Pilots and many more, on acoustic and electric guitars, mandolin, banjo, and fiddle.
- Gary Nolde, percussionist extraordinaire with Creighton Lindsay, Neal Gladstone, Plaehn-Hino, Sheb Wooley, Ramblin’ Rex, and many more.
- Bill Foss, master of standup and electric bass, has played with Creighton Lindsay for more than 30 years, and with regional artists Garry Meziere, Orvil Ivie, and Ellen Whyte.
Musical highlights include Crazy, Night Life, Coat of Many Colors, Tennessee Waltz, I’ll Fly Away, 9 to 5, Coal Miner’s Daughter, Stand by Your Man, Ode to Billie Joe, These Boots Are Made for Walking, Delta Dawn, Harper Valley PTA, Night Life, Rocky Top, Amazing Grace, and Will the Circle Be Unbroken.
The show is directed by Robert Hirsh and Amaya Egusquiza, with lighting by Don Taco, choreography by Mishele Mennett, and costumes by Michelle Marie.
We hope y’all will join us. Mark your calendars now. Tickets on sale August 1st.